Friday, June 7, 2013

Changes

Changes scare the hell out of people. 

Sometimes, it creeps up on you unexpectedly. Other times, it comes gradually. 

And so the idea of something becoming permanent can be overwhelming for me.

Tattoos have always appealed to my brain. The variety of color on my skin has appealed to me, but I've always been hesitant. Even some of my childhood heroes' arms had more ink than the Berlin Wall prior to its tumble in 1990.

So, it would take every ounce of energy with a perfect idea for me to accept this challenge of getting a tattoo.

Instead, I search everyday for a sign or symbol that keeps me from staying in a routine.

My dark, brown glasses have a way of using my peripheral to find a direction to go in.

Changes.

What do you think, 2Pac?


One of the central topics of the 2008 presidential election between Obama and McCain. As a public, we are all searching for some change for more permanent success, individually and collectively.

We just have to make sure to not be as ignorant about facing change, unlike Mr. Kurtz and Marlow in Heart of Darkness by Ishmael Reed.

Ignorance of other cultures hinders the voyage the European characters undergo in Africa. This form of idiocy prevents improvement and progress.

Our generation is more aware than before.

Yes, our generation is also becoming sick of hearing about change, but it's only because we have a better understanding of our world and our individual significance on the globe.

Anyone can make a difference.

But we need to ensure the right changes are being made though. Otherwise, we'll just keep fucking up.

I dare you to take a step outside of your comfort zone.

Trying jumping off the highest high dive, eliminate junk food for a few months, or even apologize for the drunk dial you sent to your ex last night.

We'll make it through this seemingly never-ending list of problems our nation faces.

And during those days of built up frustrations and mind-numbing anxiety, a sign might come along and help change your thoughts.


We're headed in the right direction of changes soon



No comments:

Post a Comment